Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Case of the Mystery Shoes

A couple of weeks ago, I discovered a pair of shoes in the community space behind my condo while walking my dog. I have no idea where the shoes came from, but was instantly curious. Who just leaves their shoes?? At the time, I assumed they belonged to one of the guys who was working on a condo who were out on the deck, not wearing shoes. Or that it was a prank and someone would give it up and bring them back. It turns out that those guys do not actually live there, despite them saying "Hello!" to me while I was out there. Twice. A couple days after that, I realized the shoes were STILL there and had to take a picture. When I first saw them, no leaves anywhere. Notice the leaves in the shoes, that's how long they'd been out there.


FOUND: Shoes. May or may not have been lost while full of leaves. If not, leaves a bonus.

How do you just leave your shoes here? It's crazy.

Today, while taking out my dog, I decided I needed to check on the shoes. They'd been there over the past couple of weeks, but you never know. Maybe somebody liked them and adopted them. My dog looked like an alien when I adopted him, but I still love him just the same.


Today, they were still there! But had been moved closer to the woods. The weirdest thing is that they're in, generally, the same position, just a different location. I'm assuming the mowers did this, but maybe the person who left the shoes there was just trying to throw us all off, or hide them. I mean, they look awfully comfortable.

More leaves. Closer to the creepy woods where my dog poops.




I really am interested to see what happens to these shoes. If you like them, I'd be more than happy to mail them to you. Once they dry. If you know what kind of shoes these are, that would be helpful too in narrowing down which of my neighbors they might belong to.

Don't worry, I'll keep you posted on the shoes. I know it will keep many of you up at night... Or maybe it's just me.

1 comment:

  1. I watch WAY too much "I Survived" on Biography and immediately thought you should start looking for the body that goes with those shoes...

    ReplyDelete